First things first: Legacy service providers charge prohibitive up-front fees for uncertain returns. We don't want you to pass up an opportunity because of the cost, so we offer all of this at no cost: Unlimited consultations with our expert team | Generate & finalize your legally valid trust agreement | Establish & maintain trust's financial accounts | Asset appraisal and transfer support.
Once your trust is funded, here is our approach:
- Content & calculators to help you choose your strategy
- Generate & finalize your legally valid trust agreementGenerate & finalize your legally valid trust agreement
After a simple onboarding process, we'll present you with a plain-language version of your trust so you know what you're getting. Then, when you're ready, we'll present a final version and help you get it notarized so it's fully legally binding (and so you get all of the tax benefits).
- Establish & maintain trust's financial accountsEstablish & maintain trust's financial accounts
In order to hold your assets, your trust will need a variety of accounts, including custodial accounts to hold public stock, private equities, and the like; and more. We'll set those up for you and make sure they're ready when you need them.
- Asset appraisal & transfer supportAsset appraisal & transfer support
To unlock all of the benefits of your charitable trust, you'll need an appraisal for each of the trust's assets, and you'll have to transfer the initial assets into the trust. We'll facilitate the necessary valuations and help you transfer your assets.
- IRS registration & annual trust tax filingsIRS registration & annual trust tax filings
As an independent, tax-exempt entity, your trust needs its own tax ID number, and it'll be required to file its own annual taxes. We handle all of that so you don't have to.
- Ongoing trust administration & accountingOngoing trust administration & accounting
Accounting is key feature of charitable trusts. Some of the biggest tax benefits accrue only if you follow a relatively complex set of rules about asset ownership and annual distributions. We'll make sure you don't stumble over anything.
- Everything in TRUST ESSENTIALS, plus...
- Distribution support to optimize your annual payoutsDistribution support to optimize your annual payouts
We'll work with you (and your financial advisor, if you choose to have one) to design a distribution schedule that fits neatly into your family's financial plans.
- Tax- & trust-loss harvesting to increase total payoutsTax- and trust-loss harvesting to increase total payouts
If you choose a NIMCRUT, we can help you increase your returns by an extra 50% over the life of your trust by making a few simple moves every year -- to offset capital gains with any losses, and to reset your cost basis according to trust rules. Let us know if you'd like to learn more.
- On-demand customer supportOn-demand customer support:
Self explanatory. At this level, we'll be on call at all hours to make sure your trust is running according to plan. Need help transferring assets into the trust? We're on it. Considering a major investment and want to know how it'll work inside the trust? Just ask.